Hassan Kajoke netted a brace to help Nyasa Big Bullets claim a 3-0 victory over Mlatho Mponera in the TNM Super League at Kamuzu Stadium on Sunday.

Mike Mkwate was also on target as The People’s Team returned to winning ways following two consecutive draws in the previous two games.

Kajoke, who also hit the crossbar, has now scored five league goals this season since his promotion from the reserve side.

The 21-year-old opened the scoring in the ninth minute from the spot after his striking partner Patrick Phiri was tripped in the box.

Hassan Kajoke scored Bullets’ first goal from the spot after Patrick Phiri was brought down in the box

Phiri had his goal disallowed in the 14th minute for offside, before Peter Banda’s curling ball from the right also hit the woodwork three minutes later after exchanging passes with Mkwate from a short corner kick.

Kajoke doubled the lead in the 29th minute after overpowering Mlatho’s last man Maulana Mustafa to beat advancing ‘keeper Chakonda Majanga following a long ball from central defender Charles Petro.

The TNM Super league newcomers made an early change as substitute goalkeeper Dailesi Yasini replaced Majanga who picked an injury after conceding the second goal.

A brilliant run from Gomegzani Chirwa saw Phiri making a second contribution to Bullets’ goals as he set Mkwate after receiving the ball from the wingback and the midfielder, who was unmarked, tipped the ball over Yasini with just one touch to net the third and final goal in the 40th minute.

Bullets lost captain John Lanjesi to a knee ligament injury and Bashir Maunde was introduced to partner Petro in central defense a minute before the end of the first half.

Kajoke nearly claimed a hat trick five minutes from the start of the second half after Banda had put an appetizing ball into the ball, however the striker’s shot went off target.

Moments later Band and Phiri were also denied clear cut chances as the visitors were quick to get the ball out of danger after Bullets had made way into the box.

Banda also came close in the 63rd minute after he broke loose and dribbled his way into the six-yard box but the youngster could not believe it as his attempt to put the ball far post passed the face of goal and went out for a goal kick to the visitors.

Bullets brought in Luke Chima for Patrick Phiri in the 68th minute and Yamikani Fodya replaced Precious Sambani in the 78th minute, moments after the visitors also pulled out Innocent Botomani for Patrick Banda.

Mlatho came knocking twice towards the final minutes as they kept searching for a consolation goal. They forced Rabson Chiyenda to make a brilliant save in the 81st minute to deny the central region side a goal from close range.

Chiyenda denying Mlatho Mponera a scoring opportunity from close range

Banda had the last opportunity to hit Bullets’ fourth goal from a rebound after the ‘keeper had fumbled Chirwa’s close range shot near-post, but Yasini was quick to recollect himself and stop the attacker’s weak shot from going in.

There was no goal in the last half and Bullets’ three first-half goals were enough to give The People’s Team maximum points.

With nine games played in the first-round of the TNM Super League, Bullets are now fourth on the log table, moving a step from fifth after collecting 18 points from nine games. The defending champions have scored 23 goals and conceded six.

From nine games, Kamuzu Barracks are top with 20 points, while TN Stars and BE Forward Wanderers both have 19 points, but the Nomads who have a game in hand against the other three top-four teams, are placed second with a better goal difference and the Kasungu side is third.